Your shopping cart is empty!
Here at Atlantis Office we are specialist in posture office chairs, so here are a few tips on how to improve your posture in the office.
1. Adjust the height of your monitor so your eyes are directly in line with the top of your screen – this prevents your neck from having to be at an uncomfortable angle.
2. The back of your chair should always give support to your spine and especially your lower back. It should make you sit straight with your shoulders relaxed. If your chair is deflated and gives you no back support it is time for a change.
3. Adjusting your chair height is crucial, you should adjust the chair height so that the you can use the keyboard with your wrists and forearms straight and level with the floor. Your elbows should be by the side of your body so that the arms form an L shape at the elbow joint, chairs with multi-functional arms can adjust to hold your wrists and forearms into position, such as the chiro plus.
4. Rest your feet on the floor – it’s such an easy habit to rest one leg upon the other, but this will slightly twist your spin causing you pain and discomfort, remember feet flat – happy back.
5. Avoid phone strain – you can put as much time and effort into working on your posture, but the moment you hold the phone between your ear and neck it is going to waste – ensure either you are using a microphone headset or if this is not possible, use one hand and hold the phone to your ear, it may take a little longer to type but it’s going to be a lot more comfortable on your neck and back..
You spend at least 8 hours a day at your desk, it’s your second home and for you to be uncomfortable is not going to create a happy working environment, we can help you with your posture by selecting one of our chiropractor approved office chairs, we have ergonomic chairs in all price ranges so there is something for everybody.
If you would like to come in for a coffee and to try out our posture chairs we are on Commerce Way, in Colchester, Essex, CO2 8HH.
We look forward to helping you
From the Atlantis Office Team